- 2 pounds of mussels, cleaned
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ½ cup kalamata olives, halved
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 jar Fiorella’s Marinara
- 3 oz baby arugula
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Crusty bread
- Put the oil to a large saucepan, over low-medium heat. Add garlic and stir until it just turns a golden brown.
- Add the cleaned and drained mussels into the pot and turn the heat up to medium-high. Stir for about 2 minutes or until ¼ of the mussels start to open their shells.
- Next add in the capers, olives and marinara sauce. Stir until hot, add the chili flakes and cover for about 3-5 minutes or until the majority of the mussels have opened.
- Pour out onto a large serving platter and sprinkle the baby arugula and parmesan cheese over the top. Serve with crusty bread for dipping
We typically serve this as an appetizer, but will sometimes pour it over risotto or linguini and have it as our main dish